A couple died of bubonic plague after eating the raw kidney of a marmot

A couple died of bubonic plague after eating the raw kidney of a marmot

A local folk remedy thought to provide good health had the opposite effect for one Mongolian couple: After eating the raw kidney of a marmot, the pair died of bubonic plague, AFP news agency reported on Monday. Health authorities responded by declaring a quarantine that included locals and foreign tourists who had come into contact with the couple.

10
Like
Save

Comments

Write a comment

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.